This 2-part webinar will examine the significant changes to the 2020 Form W-4and will provide answers to your questions. The class is taught by Michael O’Toole, Esq., In-House Counsel and Government Relations/Editorial Advisor for the American Payroll Association, and original author of The Payroll Source®.
Thursday, 12/12/19, 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET (90 minutes)
Part 1: The Final 2020 Form W-4 Is Here. No Allowances, No Problem.
The IRS has substantially revised the 2020 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate.
It may be completed by an employee in five steps, and none of them involve allowances.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- How the 2020 form is different from previous forms
- Whether all employees need to submit 2020 Form W-4
- How the IRS’s Tax Withholding Estimator can help your employees
- Ways to best communicate the changes to your employees
- How to get payroll and HR ready to onboard new employees
Thursday, 12/19/19, 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET (90 minutes)
Part 2: What Is Publication 15-T and How Do I Use It?
The newest IRS guide for payroll professionals is Publication 15-T, Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods. It contains the wage-bracket and percentage method withholding tables, as well asnew, detailed withholding procedures showing how to use information from Form W-4.
During this webinar you will learn:
- What is important for payroll professionals in IRS’s Publication 15-T
- How old and new Forms W-4 and Publication 15-T work together
- How to make sure your payroll system is compliant with the new rules
- Real-life examples showing how to calculate employee withholding
- Guidance you can share with your payroll department